Hemkunt Sahib Yatra will resume from September 21. This was confirmed by Narinderjit Singh Bindra, spokesperson, Hemkunt Sahib Trust yesterday. He said Uttrakhand government has given permission to start Hemkunt Sahib Yatra from September 21.
The Yatra will be open till October 10. The Yatra will start on September 21 from Gurudwara Gobind Ghat after Ardas ceremony. Vijay Bahuguna, Chief Minister Uttarakhand will also be present during the event. The first Jatha will reach Hemkunt Sahib on September 22.
He also said that due to flash floods, only the Gobind Ghat gurudwara was affected while Gurudwara Gobind Dham and Hemkunt Sahib were safe. The trekking route was also damaged which has been repaired now and 3 bridges on the way which were damaged, have been temporarily reconstructed.
The pilgrims’s stay and langar will be organized at Gurudwara Joshimath instead of Gurudwara Gobind Ghat as the buildings of Gobind ghat were damaged.
According to an advisory issued by Hemkunt Sahib Management trust, Sangat is advised to not bring very old age persons and children to the Yatra this year.
Earlier last week, the district magistrate of Chamoli district reviewed the ground situation with Hemkunt Sahib management trust to decide on whether to open the Yatra this year again or not.
Source: Sikh Zone.net